Data privacy statement
We thank you for your interest in our Online Shop. The protection of your personal data is especially important to us. Hence, please find below detailed information about how we handle this data. Naturally, we comply with all the legal requirements of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Telemedia Act (TMG) and other data protection provisions in doing so.
§ 1 General
§ 2 Automatic data capture
For technical reasons, we record data such as the following, which is communicated to us by your browser:
- browser type and version
- operating system used
- website from which you came to our site (referring URL)
- pages viewed
- date and time of your visit
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal data supplied and can therefore not be linked to a particular person. It is analysed for statistical purposes to enable us to optimise our website and services. This data is deleted after analysis.
§ 3 Inventory data
(1) Your personal data, required for establishing, developing and amending the contractual relationship (inventory data), is used exclusively for processing orders. For instance, in order to deliver our products, your name and address must be passed on to the delivery company. Without your express permission or legal basis, your personal data will not be passed on to any other third party not involved in the processing of orders.
(2) In particular instances, by order of the appropriate authorities, inventory data may be made available to be used as necessary for criminal prosecution, averting of danger by regional police forces, performing legal tasks of German federal or state offices for the protection of the constitution, the Bundesnachrichtendienst (Germany's foreign intelligence service), the Militärische Abschirmdienst (Germany's Military Counter Intelligence Service) or for the protection of intellectual property rights.
§ 4 Usage data
(1) Personal data required to facilitate the purchase and invoicing of our services (usage data) is used solely for the purposes of order processing. Usage data specifically includes user identification information, information about the start, finish and extent of use, as well as details of the telecommunication services you use. Usage data for accounting purposes (accounting data) may be passed on to other service providers or third parties if required for the purpose of invoicing the user. After the full amount owed by the user is paid, all such usage and accounting data is deleted. If, due to legal, statutory or contractual retention periods, deletion is prohibited, data is blocked instead.
(2) In particular instances, by order of the appropriate authorities, information about usage data may be made available to be used as necessary for criminal prosecution, averting of danger through regional police forces, performing legal tasks of German federal or state offices for the protection of the constitution, the Bundesnachrichtendienst (Germany's foreign intelligence service), the Militärische Abschirmdienst (Germany's Military Counter Intelligence Service) or for the protection of intellectual property rights.
§ 5 Information about cookies
(1) Cookies are used to recognise multiple use of an offer by the same user. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser deposits and stores on your computer. When you revisit our website, these cookies provide information that enables you to be automatically recognised by means of your IP address, which is stored in the cookies. The information provided in this way is used to optimise our online service and to allow you to access our site more easily.
(2) You can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive by setting your browser not to accept cookies. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, it may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by our website.
§ 6 Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on the users' computers and enable the users' use of the website to be analysed.
- Cookies generate information on the users' use of this website.
- As IP anonymisation has been activated, the users' IP addresses will, within Member States of the European Union or within other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, be shortened by Google beforehand.
- Only in exceptional cases will the users' full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and be shortened there. IP anonymisation is active on this website.
- The storage of cookies and the processing of this data by Google can be prevented. The current link is http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- As an alternative to the browser plug-in, you can click on this link to prevent Google Analytics collecting your data on this website in future. In the process, an opt-out cookie will be stored on your terminal device. If you delete your cookies, you will have to click on the link anew.
§ 7 Facebook, Twitter and Google+
On our website you will find the "Like" button of the US-based social network site Facebook (www.facebook.com). The button contains a so-called "plugin". If you visit a site that displays this button, Facebook is automatically notified that you have visited the website concerned. If you should have a personal user account at Facebook, Facebook is able to assign your website visit to this account. If you click on the "Like" button or post a comment, this information is sent directly to Facebook in the USA and stored there. You can prevent data being communicated in this way by first logging out from Facebook before visiting our website. Please also refer to Facebook’s Data Use Policy (de-de.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.php). The services of Twitter and Google+ are similar to those of Facebook. Please contact us if you have any further questions about our social media plugins / websites.
§ 8 Retargeting technologies
This website uses Internet retargeting technology. This enables any Internet user who has shown an interest in our shops and our products to be targeted with advertising. We know from studies that the display of personalised, interest-related advertising is more appealing to the Internet user than advertising that makes no such personal reference. With retargeting, the ad is displayed as a result of a cookie-based analysis of previous user behaviour. As you would expect, no personal data is stored in the process and, likewise, the use of the retargeting technology occurs in accordance with the statutory data protection provisions in force. Obviously, you may set your Internet browser so that no cookies can be stored on your computer in future and/or cookies that are already stored can be deleted. You will find appropriate setting options for this on your browser. The disabling of all cookies, however, may mean that some functions can no longer be performed on our Internet pages.